Friday, October 10, 2008

Unexpected Trials

Life can be so hard sometimes. Yesterday my niece Kendra was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. She was admitted to Primary Children's she has started steroids and they will start the radiation on Monday.
Zane was crying yesterday and said how do we do this? I don't know how to do this. I know with out a doubt that Heavenly Father does not give us anything that we can not get through.
Zane and Jen, It's not going to be easy, but you can do this. You are both way stronger than you think. I know that you may not go to church all the time and I am not trying to preach to you, but I know that you have been touched by the spirit before. If you can try to put your trust in the Lord he will help you get through this. Kendra is the sweetest little girl. She is never mad. She is always wanting hugs. The first person to say something nice and see the good in anyone she meets. I wish I could be more like that. Kendra we are so lucky to have you in our family. I LOVE you Kendra! If your having a hard day just remember we love you.
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, Yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the Stars."

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for letting me steal your pic :0) We will get through this. You are an amazing strength to me Kristen. Thanks. We love you!!!

Candace said...

I am so sorry to hear this!!! I can't believe it! We will keep you all in our prayers!

Candace said...

I also wanted to leave you a blog address. It's from an amazing family who's little girl drowned a few months ago. I know it's a different situation, but I think the things she writes may be comforting. You can check it out and see what you think, and maybe pass it on to them. the address is: http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/

Chelsea said...

I know that I don't read your blog very often. I heard about it from my mom on Friday and I was so sad to hear that about Kendra. Just so you know, we have been praying for Zane, Jen and Kendra. My parents even put their names on the prayer roll here in the Vegas temple. We are thinking of you all...